Individualized [robotic art] PhD (2017)
- Concordia University, Montreal (Currently Processing Dissertation, 4.05 GPA)
- Research: Tele-Haptic Robotic Proto-Sculpting
Masters of Applied [digital] Media Arts (2010)
- Emily Carr University, Vancouver
- Thesis: a wall of 32 motion tracking android robot faces that ‘watch’ you if you walk past
Combined Honors BA [digital] Multimedia & Visual Arts (2004)
- McMaster University, Hamilton
- Summa Cum Laude
Business and technology transformation and development consulting for organizations ranging from small private enterprises to fortune 500 companies and the Canadian government. Providing problem solving and strategic planning for business and technology development. I introduce new methods, ideas and products.
Design and delivery of course-ware, lectures and assignments, coordination of course work, critiquing and advising students. I taught; Creative Electronic Studios, Tangible Media and Physical Computing, Networks and Navigation and I guest lectured for Masters level seminars.
Ideation lead, manufacturing strategy, brand identity and product design, control technologies and success management. I also invented major components of the electronic hookah and became a patent-pending partner.
Invented and designed an open source creative electronics micro-controller product expanding the Arduino platform for artists and designers. Responsible for product design, manufacturing and assembly line design, logistics concept, operations and marketing management.
I designed and taught; Creative Electronics for Beginners, Interactivity: Media Practices, WordPress Programing, and I was invited to lecture in Advanced Digital + Interactive Art.
Over 40 projects completed including the McMaster University Virtual Tour, e-Learning for DLC, e-commerce projects and the Government of Canada (Institute of Infection and Immunity) website.
- Management of development teams
- Software, e-learning and mass digital communications design and development
- Development of strategic website initiatives (database, RIA and ‘smart-sites’)
- User testing, invigilation and information efficiency reporting
- Search engine optimization development and execution
- 2015 – Hexagram Institute Research Grant
- 2015 – Concordia University Travel Grant
- 2014 – INDI Research Expo First Prize; Ph.D.
- 2012 – Concordia University Graduate Fellowship
- 2010 – Emily Carr President’s Research Fund
- 2009 – SSHRC: Canada Graduate Master’s Scholarship
- 2003 – Altana Pharma Commissioned Competition
- 2003 – Post-it Note-able Art Competition
- 2003 – The McMaster Prize for Special Achievement
- 2003 – McMaster University Senate Scholarship
- 2001-2003 – McMaster University Dean’s Honor Award
- 2000 – McMaster University Entrance Scholarship
- M Rauscher, “Haptic transference: A new haptic feedback robotic control interface,” in Electronics, Communications and Networks IV, 0 vols., CRC Press, 2015, pp. 1595–1597.
- Morgan Rauscher, ‘Zeugen’, Journal of Integrated Studies, 4 (2013) <http://jis.athabascau.ca/index.php/jis/article/view/151> [accessed 16 July 2013].
- M. Rauscher, “The Essence of Interactive Expression,” Samizdatpress Hamilt. Arts Lett., vol. 1, no. 7, p. 13, Spring/Summer 2014.
- 2016 – Conference on Sustainable Veterinary Practice, Montreal, Canada
- 2015 – The 6th Annual International Conference on Visual and Performing Arts, Athens, Greece
- 2014 – The 4th International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Networks CECNet, China
- 2011 – The Fifth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction (TEI) “Art Explorations”, Funchal, Portugal
- 2010 – Technarte. International Conference on Art & Technology, Bilbao Spain (2010)
- Micro-controller design
- Firmware design
- Computer repair
- Computer upgrading
- Computer trouble-shooting
- Electronics fabrication
- Electronics reverse engineering
- Robotics design
- Robotics development
- Remote security systems
- Cybernetics & controls
- C / C++
- Java Script
- Visual Basic
- Visual Basic.Net
- Flash Action Script
- SQL (database)
- Access (database)
- Microsoft Project
- Pipedrive, Trello, etc.
- CRM and Cloud-Wares
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Office
- 3D Studio Max
- Adobe Flex
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Dream Weaver
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Image Ready
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Premiere
- Sound Forge
- Corel VideoStudio Pro
- Several Project Management and Accounting Software and Cloud-wares
- 2015 – Present – The Center for Sensory Studies
- 2011 – Present – Concordia University Hexagram Institute