Special Individualized PhD Candidate
- Concordia University (Milieux formerly Hexagram Institute), Montreal, QC, Canada
- Currently Completing
Masters of Applied Media Arts (2010)
- Emily Carr University, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Combined Honors BA in Multimedia & Visual Arts (2004)
- McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Summa Cum Laude
2008-2015: Trigger Shark Business and Technology Consulting Ltd.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Principle Consultant.
Business and technology consulting for companies ranging from fortune 500 to private firms and the Canadian Government – providing ideation, technology development and management solutions.
Montreal, Québec, University Instructor.
Design and delivery of course-ware, lectures and assignments, coordination of course work, critiquing and advising students.
- CART421: Creative Electronics Studio
- CART360: Tangible Media and Physical Computing
- CART351: Networks and Navigation
- Guest lecturing for Masters of Fine Arts Seminar
Montreal, Québec, Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Ideation lead, manufacturing strategy, brand identity and product design, control technologies and success management. I also invented major components of the electronic hookah and became a patent-pending partner.
Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Inventor and Co-founder.
Electronic product design, manufacturing and assembly line design, logistics, operations and marketing of creative electronics products.
Vancouver, British Columbia, University Instructor.
Design and delivery of course ware, lectures and assignments, coordination of course work, critiquing and advising students.
- CEID 222: Creative Electronics for Beginners
- DIVA 303: Interactivity: Media Practices
- CEDA 250: WordPress Programing
- Also invited to lecture in DIVA 300: Advanced Digital + Interactive Art
Toronto Ontario, Multimedia Architect.
Over 40 Multimedia projects completed, including The McMaster University Virtual Tour, the Government of Canada, Institute of Infection and Immunity website, e-Learning for DLC, E-commerce websites and digital media consultation.
- Coordination and management of multimedia development teams
- Development of strategic website initiatives including database, RIA and ‘smart-sites’
- Software, E-learning and Mass digital communications design and development
- User testing, invigilation and statistical reporting (information efficiency auditing)
- SEO (search engine optimizations) development and execution
Hamilton, Ontario. Teaching Assistant.
Assisted in the delivery of Multimedia and Sculptural Design courses.
Ottawa, Ontario. Website Project Manager and Lead Developer.
Production of multimedia projects including multimedia intensive websites.
Ottawa, Ontario. Webmaster and Programmer.
Marketing material development (print and web) and corporate branding consistency.
- 2015 Hexagram Institute Research Grant
- 2015 Concordia University Travel Grant
- 2014 INDI Research Exposition First Prize; Ph.D.
- 2012 Concordia University Graduate Fellowship
- 2010 Emily Carr University President’s Research Fund
- 2009 SSHRC: Bombardier Canada Graduate Master’s Scholarship
- 2003 Altana Pharma Commissioned Competition
- 2003 Post-it Note-able Art Competition (2nd provincial)
- 2003 The McMaster University Prize for Special Achievement
- 2003 McMaster University Senate Scholarship
- 2003 McMaster University Dean’s Honor Award
- 2002 McMaster University Dean’s Honor Award
- 2001 McMaster University Dean’s Honor Award
- 2000 McMaster University Entrance Scholarship
- M Rauscher, “Haptic transference: A new haptic feedback robotic control interface,” in Electronics, Communications and Networks IV, 0 vols., CRC Press, 2015, pp. 1595–1597.
- Morgan Rauscher, ‘Zeugen’, Journal of Integrated Studies, 4 (2013) <http://jis.athabascau.ca/index.php/jis/article/view/151> [accessed 16 July 2013].
- M. Rauscher, “The Essence of Interactive Expression,” Samizdatpress Hamilt. Arts Lett., vol. 1, no. 7, p. 13, Spring/Summer 2014.
- 2016 Conference on Sustainable Veterinary Practice, Montreal, Canada
- 2015 The 6th Annual International Conference on Visual and Performing Arts, Athens, Greece
- 2014 The 4th International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Networks CECNet, China
- 2011 The Fifth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction (TEI) “Art Explorations”, Funchal, Portugal
- 2010 Technarte. International Conference on Art & Technology, Bilbao Spain (2010)
- 2015 “Nuit Blanche”, N-Polytope, collaboration with Chris Salter, Paris, France
- 2014 “INDI Research Exposition”, Engineering & Visual Arts Complex, Montreal, QC
- 2013 “Et si les robots mangeaient des pommes ?”: Maison des arts, Laval, QC
- 2012 “Dust”: The Ally-way Gallery, Montreal, QC
- 2012 “eXhibitions”: A B Gallery, Montreal, QC
- 2011 “Life Light”: New Market, Installation, New Westminster, BC
- 2010 “World Maker Faire”: Viscusi Gallery, New York Hall of Science, Queens, NY
- 2010 “Taken Up, Slightly Revised”: Charles H. Scott Gallery, Vancouver, BC
- 2009 “E-Mixer”: Surrey Art Gallery (Interactive Futures ’09), Surrey, BC
- 2009 “Not That Grad Show”: The Concourse Gallery, Vancouver, BC
- 2008 “Legal Size”: The ( ) Space, Vancouver, BC
- 2004 “SUMMA Exhibition”: McMaster Art Gallery, Hamilton, ON
- 2004 “McMaster Student Art Competition”: University Student Center, Hamilton, ON
- 2003 “Interactive”: Gag the gallery, Hamilton, ON
- 2003 “Post-it Note-able Art Competition: Harbor Front Center, Toronto, ON
- 2003 “Humanities Symposium”: McMaster University Student Centre, Hamilton, ON
- 2003 “Confess”: The New Space (Mc Master University), Hamilton, ON
- 2010 VIVO Media Arts Center, interactive persistence of vision and sound installation commission, Vancouver, BC
- Micro-controller design
- Firmware design
- Computer repair
- Computer upgrading
- Computer trouble-shooting
- Electronics fabrication
- Electronics reverse engineering
- Robotics design
- Robotics development
- Remote security systems
- Cybernetics & controls
- C / C++
- Java Script
- Visual Basic
- Visual Basic.Net
- Flash Action Script
- SQL (database)
- Access (database)
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Office
- 3D Studio Max
- Adobe Flex
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Dream Weaver
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Image Ready
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Premiere
- Sound Forge
- Corel VideoStudio Pro
- And Many Many More …
Milling and Fabrication (Shop Skills)
- 3D Printing
- CNC Milling
- Arc – MIG – TIG (welding)
- Metal working
- Fiber glass sculpting
- Parts milling machining
- Wood working
- Metal plate and glass etching
- Rapid Prototyping
- Bronze loss wax casting
- Vacuum casting
- Human body casting
- Silicon rubber casting
- Lithographic printing
- Lino printing
- Plaster (sculpture and casting)
- Acrylic painting (spray & brush)
- Silk Screening
- Clay sculpting
- Basic clay firing knowledge
- Fall protection ticket
- Suspended access equipment ticket
- High rise access ticket
- First Aid Certification (St. Johns Level 1)
2015 – Present The Center for Sensory Studies
2011 – Present Concordia University Hexagram Institute
2008 – Present Construction and Safety Association
- Citizenship: Canadian
- Certifications: Construction Association Fall Protection, Suspended Access and High Rise Access
- Strong photography portfolio on numerous distribution networks
- I love to run, hike, swim and fitness train, and go wilderness exploring, orienteering, camping and hiking and I am an archer